0410 634 584

A Guide to Renting with H&H

How to Secure Your Tenancy

Each person over the age of 16 years old that wants to reside at the property will have to fill out an Application Form.

If you are moving interstate and therefore unable to view the property you are required to fill in the Sight Unseen Waiver Form. This is a waiver that you are agreeing to take a property without prior viewing. This is ONLY available for interstate/overseas applicants.

The office has a strict policy that all applicants MUST view a property prior to application.

When you return the application form to our office you must ensure that you have available a holding deposit.

This is required to be paid within 24 hours of your application being approved. Please note that this must be paid in cleared funds (Bank Cheque, BPay or Money Order). The holding deposit required is equivalent to 2 weeks rent. Should the applicant withdraw from the property within the 48 hour period after approval then the deposit will be refunded in full. After the 48 hour period expires, the applicant agrees that the holding deposit will be forfeited.

It’s All Yours

Once you are approved we will make an appointment with you to sign your tenancy agreement. Prior to moving in you will be required to pay a full bond, this is equivalent to 4 weeks rent. 

Unfortunately, no bond transfers are accepted by our office, payment of bond must be in cleared funds (Bank Cheque, BPay or Money Order).

Electricity, Gas and Telephone

It is your responsibility to have all services at the property placed in your name and to arrange a final meter reading prior to vacating, unless otherwise stated in your tenancy terms. 

We offer a service from Direct Connect that takes the hassle out of moving by arranging all of your connections. 

Your property manager will arrange this with Direct Connect or you can contact them on 1300 664 715, please let them know you will be renting through our agency.


It is your responsibility to arrange for your contents insurance at the new property. Contents insurance is a vital part of renting a property as it ensures you are covered in the event of an emergency, natural disaster or break in. 

You’re In

Entry Condition Report 

This is a binding document outlining the condition of your property and is very important form when you are moving into a rental property. It must be filled out by both the tenant and agent to ensure both parties agree to the condition of the property. We supply you with the Entry Condition Report when you pick up your keys at the start of your tenancy. This includes our comments; you then have 3 business days to return the completed condition report with any further comments. 

At the time of vacating you will be required to complete an Exit Condition Report that will be compared with the entry condition report. Our office will provide this to you in due course.


We keep a spare set of keys in the office. Should you have lost your keys or have locked yourself out you may collect our set during office hours. After hours our recommended locksmith can be contacted at your expense- Elite Locksmiths- 0407 038 653


Only the people originally included on your application and approved by the owner are allowed to reside at the property permanently. If a new tenant wishes to replace an existing tenant or you would like to add a tenant to your current lease agreement, you are require to contact our office to arrange an interview in order to go through the correct approval process. This is to be arranged prior to the prospective tenant moving in.

An application form will need to be filled in and we will need to seek approval from the owner. If approved, there is further RTA paperwork to be filled in. If the new applicant is replacing an existing applicant the bond will need to be transferred to the new applicant or funds available for payment to cover the exiting tenant.

Visitors coming for holidays; if they are residing at the property for longer than 2 weeks, the residing tenants are required to give our agency notice in writing for required time frame of the visitors. *Speak with our office in regards to allowed timeframes.

Office Hours

Our office is open Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm. 

Should you wish to see your property manager, please contact our office to make an appointment time that is suitable for both parties?

Paying Rent 

A Scheduled Direct Deposit is the preferred method of rental payments. Please refer to our Paying Your Rent page.

Contents Insurance

We advise ALL TENANTS to insure their own contents as they are not covered under the Lessor’s policies.

Repairs & Maintenance

All repairs and maintenance are required to our Agency in writing so we can act accordingly. You have been provided with details for our Maintenance Manager App, please provide as much information as possible of the repairs needed as well as access authorisation for the repairs to be done. 

After Hours Emergencies

Please see our Emergency Repairs Page for a detailed description of what is considered and emergency and how best to deal with the situation.

Paintwork on walls 

The tenant agrees that no nails, screws, hooks, blue tack, sticky tape or tacks are to be fixed to the wall without the written permission of the Agent. It is our experience that when these are removed, paint and plaster damage occurs and the tenant will be held responsible. If you are wishing to seek approval for hooks, please provide a drawing of the area, number of hooks wishing to install and the location of where they will be placed.

Painting of walls; if you wish to seek permission to paint walls or repair damages to walls, this must be carried out by a professional painter if approved.


Unless a pet is specifically approved on your lease, pets will not be allowed at the property without prior approval. Please note that in the majority of unit complexes the Body Corporate do not allow pets. You must fill in the Pet Application and Agreement on the last page of the Tenancy Application.


As stated in your Tenancy Agreement, you are responsible for the lawns and gardens unless otherwise stated. This means watering, weeding, trimming and mowing. Seek advice from your property manager before removing any plants or pruning large bushes/trees, and take note of relevant water restrictions. We are happy to recommend a garden maintenance tradesperson if you would like to accept responsibility for costs.

Routine Inspections 

Please refer to our Routine Inspections Page. We carry out routine inspections on all our properties approximately every three – four months and will advise you in writing prior to the inspection date. We will also send you a text message the day prior as a reminder. 

The inspections are always a good opportunity to point out any maintenance problems or other concerns you may have and a checklist will be provided. 

Photographs will be taken at routine inspections.

Your Tenancy is coming to an End

Breaking Your Lease

Please refer to our Vacating Guide page. If circumstances occur where you need to break your tenancy agreement the following conditions will apply:

  • The tenant is responsible for and must pay rent until the property is re-let to a suitable tenant through our normal office procedures for re-letting; or until the end of the tenancy agreement, whichever is the sooner.
  • The tenant must pay for reasonable re-letting fees being equal to the first weeks rent + GST. The tenant must also pay advertising money in advance of advertising being placed by our office.

Giving Notice

Please refer to our Vacating Guide page. The tenant agrees that when giving notice it must be in writing on the prescribed form - RTA Form 13 – Notice of Intention to Vacate and handed in or emailed with a follow-up phone to our office. A minimum of two weeks written notice is required.

Property for sale

If during your tenancy the property goes up for sale, you will be advised accordingly. If you are under a fixed term lease, you remain in the property for the term of the lease. If you are on a periodic tenancy (month to month), the Agency must give you four (4) weeks’ notice to vacate the property once the property has been sold.